Let’s create your best online dating photos
You want modern online dating photos that present the best version of your true self. Not stuffy or formal, but much better than a selfie.
THE TOP 25 DATING APPS ARE LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, WITH LINKS UPDATED W/VACCINE INFO
I can create a range of fun dating photos for you that will be perfect for your online profile.
My collection of dating photos varies with each client. We’ll discuss what kind of outfits you want to wear and how you want to come across in your dating profile.
All these images were taken during one session that lasted less than 90 minutes.
And these were all taken at my studio – no travel involved!
Your online dating photos are customized for you
A starting collection of online dating photos would include something like the following:
- A traditional headshot – but not stuffy or too corporate
- a casual outdoor headshot from chest to the top of your head
- a body shot from top of head to mid-thigh
- a body shot from midriff to top of head
- an image that shows one of your interests or something about your personality
I create a series of each of the photos above and then you choose your favorites.
You’ll receive a PDF guide so you’re fully prepared
I don’t want you to stress over anything, which is why I send you a PDF guide so you know what outfits to bring and how to prepare for your session. The guide gives you tips and tricks for getting the best variety of online dating photos.
Email me to schedule your session
Use the contact form or email me directly at Rebecca@RebeccaLittlePhotography.com
My studio is in Pasadena, CA and I accept QuickPay with Zelle, Venmo, credit and debit cards, cash, and check.
During the session, I’ll guide you through posing, so you don’t have to worry how to stand or what to do with your hands or whether you should smile or look serious.
No travel involved
Because I have outdoor locations at my studio, we don’t have to bother with traveling to locations.
My studio has an assortment of backdrops and professional lighting equipment. There’s a changing room to hang your clothes so we can sort through and choose the best outfits to portray the image you want.
Bringing an assortment of outfits for your dating photos is the best way to create a variety of looks. (All of this is covered in the PDF “Online Dating Photos Guide” that you’ll receive once you’ve booked your session.)
Professional hair and makeup stylists available
It’s always nice to have professionals do your hair and makeup. No worrying about having a bad hair day or getting your winged eyeliner just right.
If you only choose one service, choose to get your hair styled. Hair is more important than makeup for creating a polished look. My stylist can give you an excellent blowout or create soft, natural waves. She has all the products, styling tools, and experience to create the look you want for your online dating photos.
Doesn’t her hair look amazing?
My hair stylist was responsible for creating these gorgeous soft waves.
Authentic online dating photos
If you don’t usually wear makeup, that’s fine too. Don’t feel like you have to be dolled up to have flattering online dating photos. The aim is to capture the authentic you and attract the kind of person you want to meet.
Have a nice variety of photos
There are several ways to ensure your dating photos don’t look like they were taken at the same time. The easiest way to do this is by tailoring the lighting to each setup, changing the background, wearing different outfits, changing your hairstyle, and changing your lip color.
Changing your hairstyle can be as easy as putting it in a ponytail or putting it behind your ears, or adding a headband or hair clip.
What to wear for online dating photos
The most important thing is to wear clothes you love and that fit well.
We’ll talk about all the details before your session
We’ll discuss it all beforehand so you’ll know exactly what to do to have the best online dating photos possible. After we talk, I’ll send you my PDF guide that goes over clothing, hair, and makeup.
What colors should I wear?
It’s nice to have a pop of color in your photos. Psychology Today says that wearing red can attract people. Red reminds of us romance and true love, and it’s a color that denotes energy and confidence. But only wear red if you love it and feel good in it. It’s better to feel confident and comfortable in your favorite outfits.
Some DOs and DON’Ts
- Don’t wear sunglasses.
- Hats can be cute, but only if you have other photos that show your face and hair.
- It’s nice to have a casual photo of you at a restaurant or out and about, but get a friend to take your photo. The angle of selfies is not great and it’s hard to get the distance required to reduce the distortion of the phone lens.
- You should have closeups as well as full body shots
- Photos should be well-lit and not blurry or grainy
- Don’t have your photos overly retouched.
About retouching for online dating photos
The level of retouching you want is up to you, but it’s important that your photos reflect the real you. For online dating photos, I usually remove blemishes and fly away hair, and lessen redness and blotchiness.
To read more about retouching and see examples, click here
Best coffeeshops for a first date in/near Pasadena
Grabbing coffee is a low-stakes way to meet someone for the first time (and it means your online dating photos and great conversational skills worked!). It’s inexpensive and informal. If there’s no compatibility, you can quickly leave. Here are some coffee shops in Pasadena that are perfect for a first date
- Philz on Lake Ave. There’s a big outdoor courtyard with benches and tables and there are always other people around. There’s metered parking right in front on Lake, or free parking on Green St. and Cordova east of Mentor. 146 S Lake Ave #106, Pasadena, CA 91101, between Green St. and Cordova, behind Lemonade and Dry Bar
- Urth Caffe A large coffee shop with a full menu with indoor and outdoor seating. Almost always busy, open 7am-10pm 594 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91101, on the SE corner of Madison and Colorado
- Starbucks in Sierra Madre There are a few tables outside and benches along the sidewalk. It’s a popular area, so there are always people around. There’s also a Syndicate Coffee across the street and Bean Town around the corner (they have reopened after renovations). 1 Kersting Ct, Sierra Madre, CA 91024 at the intersection of Baldwin and Sierra Madre Blvd.
- Peet’s on Lake and California Seating inside and out. Lots of tables and a well-trafficked area. 605 S Lake Ave., Pasadena, CA 91106
- Republik Coffee Lounge on Green St. near Lake Ave. Tables outside in the shade on the sidewalk and lots of people around. If you hit it off, there’s plenty of places around to grab lunch. 854 E Green St. Pasadena, CA 91101, west of Lake Ave.
- Corner Bakery on Lake Ave. Seating on a big outdoor patio. Plenty of foot traffic. 345 S Lake Ave. Ste 107, Pasadena, CA 91101
A list of 25 dating sites with links
I’ve divided the dating sites list as follows:
- Over 40
- Black men and women
- Gay, Bisexual, and Trans
- Latina and Latino
UPDATE: Tinder, Bumble, Plenty of Fish, Hinge, Match, OKCupid, BLK, Chispa, and Badoo have added features concerning vaccination status. They’re encouraging users to get vaccinated and are offering free premium services and vaccination badges.
People who are experienced online dating app users have strong opinions about which are the best. It’s a good idea to explore each one and decide for yourself. Always watch out for scammers. They are on every site, so please use good judgment. Always meet in a public place for your first date.
Comprehensive dating apps
- Tinder – one of the most popular sites, swipe left or right to express interest or move on, lots of profiles due to its popularity, the bios are short and sweet, can upgrade to Tinder Gold to see the people who “like” you, the app offers verification that confirms you’re the person in your photos.
- Bumble – a free app that requires women to message first, swipe left or right to express interest or to move on.
- OKCupid – a mostly free app, you can now send a message without matching first, but the recipient only sees the message if you’re a “match”, matches are determined by the profile you fill out when you join.
- Hinge – shows you extensive profiles that help you weed out deal-breakers like religion, political party, and level of alcohol consumption; good if you’re looking for a serious relationship because that’s their target market, “it’s the dating app designed to be deleted”.
- Coffee Meets Bagel – most users are in the 30-49 age range, some find it a bit difficult to use, but others like that it guides you through matches and sends reminders to connect.
- Happn – matches you with people located nearby.
- Plenty of Fish – launched in 2003, one of the few dating apps that allow you to contact any fellow users without matching or subscribing, some users report there are lots of bots and scams.
- Match – a paid website, allows you to select your matches, a good choice for all ages.
- Clover – a location-based app, offers live mixers, provides match predictions based on interests, free to download and use, but the premium subscription is one of the more expensive, for serious and casual dating, mostly people under 40.
- Badoo – launched in 2006, It’s designed to help you find people nearby who share your interests.
- eharmony – selects matches for you, allows you to upload 12 photos, $39.95 a month for a 3-month plan.
- Zoosk – designed to help you find online chat partners, dates, or companionship, suitable for all ages, user-friendly layout.
- JDate – for Jewish singles
- Be Naughty – for casual dating and hook-ups, not for long-term relationships, free memberships for women.
Dating apps if you’re over 40
The apps above are worth joining as they cater to all ages, but the dating apps below are specifically designed for those over 40.
- Senior Match – for those over 45, messaging restricted to paid memberships.
- Silver Singles – for users 50+, matches you based on a personality test you take upon signup, you have to upgrade to a paid membership to see other users’ photos.
- Our Time – caters to users over 50.
- Love Begins At – for those over 40, also hosts exclusive member events.
For Black men and women
- BLK – for Black men and women to connect based on similar interests and likes. You can meet new friends, or match for romance.
Dating apps for gay, bisexual, trans, and queer people
- Grindr – the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people, location-based app.
- Her – tailored to lesbian, bisexual, and queer women.
“Elite” dating apps
- The League – an elite dating app that has a waiting list, most people are on more than one app, so you’ll probably run into them on other apps.
- Raya – a private, elite, members-only app for dating, networking, and making new friends, $7.99. a month, you apply then get on the waiting list, helps to be accepted if you’re a celebrity, creative, interesting, or an expert in something.
- Elite Singles – dating site for educated singles, most of their members have a bachelor’s degree and well-established careers, well-designed site, easy to navigate.
For Latino men and Latina women
- Chispa – their mission: to create an exclusive community where Latino men and Latina women can find meaningful connections with people who share similar likes and interests.
Email me to schedule your session
Use the contact form or email me directly at Rebecca@RebeccaLittlePhotography.com
My studio is in Pasadena, CA and I accept QuickPay with Zelle, Venmo, credit and debit cards, and cash.